I am pretty proud of our income this year … so far! I had a goal to reach $1000 a month and here we are, thus far, making at least that much each month!! I have increased the income goal to $2000 per month and I’m hoping to hit this dollar amount by mid year.
This month we made zero – zilch money on our Instagram account! Very unusual for us as it is usually our largest source of income! But it goes to show how important it is to have multiple avenue streams when you are working online! Because you simply never know! I have been watching our usual Instagram Influencer App (Tribe) like a hawk. And I applied for some jobs but all of them got declined … such is the way of life with the influencer game!
Do you follow us on Instagram? Click the photo or find us @wanderluststorytellers!
I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head though, things I want to improve … things I want to do different! I have been feeling pretty overwhelmed, as blog-work-time is limited with a little 7 month old baby in the house! However these words I heard this month has truly stuck by me!
Don’t try to fix everything! Focus on the ONE thing that you can do that will make you more money! Work on that and when you start making money … pay someone else to do the rest!!
So that is my new motto!!
For those following along on our journey! You would know that up until now I have been on half pay maternity leave! That leave has well and truly come to and end now! Fortunately I had some long service leave built up, so I will be eating away at those hours at a half pay rate, until I completely run out! It has been a good way to transition from paid work to becoming a full time blogger!! I would never suggest to just quit your job and hope for the best!! Try to be smart and try to have a plan!
So How Much Money does My Blog Make?
Travel Blog Monthly Income Report for February 2017
– Prices in AUD –
Income for February: AUD $1517.06 (+$388 from Jan)
- Monumetric Ads – $56.88
- Sponsored Posts – $0
- Amazon – $8.14
- Social Media Influencer Posts – $0
- HotelsCombined Commission – $51.04
- Commission Factory Commission – $25.75 (TripAdvisor Affiliate)
- Keysearch Affiliate – $5.35
- Tailwind Affiliate Credit – $19.90
- Vamp Jobs – $1350
- Affiliate Sales for Australian Tours – $0
Product received for Influencer Jobs – Backpack Diaper Bag to use on our travels (value $128)
Sponsored Travel – Sponsored tour for 2 adults to Moreton Island – (value $758)
Expenses for February: AUD $121.90
- Advertising fees (Facebook, Outbrain etc) – $15.70
- Massplanner Montly Fees – $13.57 – We use this program to grow our social media accounts! It is automated and awesome! 37K followers on Instagram, 10K followers on Twitter! They have a 5 day trial, give it a go!
- Grum.Co Monthly Fee for FOUR Insta Accounts – $26.35 – A great program to schedule your Instagram posts, it will also post your first comment full of hashtags too! I love it!
- Coschedule Monthly Fees – $24.98 – We use this program to pre-schedule out our posts and social media. It is great, as soon as you write the post, you can organise the social media and it will automatically post your posts on your due dates and times. I need this program in my workflow, it is an essential program for me!
- KeySearch Monthly Fees – $17.75– Our go-to program to find good keywords for Google. If you sign up now, we can give you a 20% discount voucher to use – KSDISC
- MaxCDN Monthly Fees – $11.80 – Helps to speed up the website.
- NETDNA Monthly Fees – $11.75 – Helps to speed up the website.
NET PROFIT: $1395.16
NEVER MISS AN INCOME REPORT!
Add your Email Now!
Age of Blog: 1 Year & 9 Months
Social Media Followers: 64336 (Thank you Massplanner)
Unique Visitors on Blog: 21900
Pageviews on Blog: 41365
So there you have it, our latest travel blog income report update! I am currently working on our top 10 trafficked posts and brainstorming how I can optimize them better! We are off to Japan this month, so we will have less time than normal to work on monetization, so it will be interesting to see how we fair income wise in March!
——-HANDY TRAVEL BLOG RESOURCES ———
1. Make some Business Cards for your Travel Blog!
Business Cards are invaluable if you are serious about running your blog as a business! We hand them out everywhere we can to expose people to our brand! It is also great for handing out at the hotels and resorts that you stay with! To us it is a valuable investment that we simply can’t go without! That does not mean though that you need to pay an arm and a leg for your cards! We researched the web and found that Moo.com has some gorgeous quality cards at very reasonable prices!! We just bought a stash of 100 for AUS $54. (which includes the postage costs, plus we like ours a touch fancy and have rounded corners on ours, they are even cheaper if you go with the standard option)
If it is time for you to get your business cards printed, and want to give them a go, use this link for 10% discount on your order! You are WELCOME!!
2. Start Your Own Travel Website:
We have simplified the blog-start-up process into 3 easy—peasy steps!! Read our post on how to start up your travel website! I researched all the best prices and low-cost ways to start our blog, so if you like the look and feel of our blog, why not save yourself some work and time and simply follow the same steps?
3. Tailwind for Pinterest:
One of our largest drivers of traffic is STILL currently Pinterest! We are constantly seeing rewards of our work involved with this social media platform! So much so that I recently wrote a comprehensive guide on how to make the most out of Pinterest! If you haven’t read it yet, you should hop over here and have a look! Make sure to download the FREE checklist as well!
And don’t forget to try out Tailwind, use this link to receive one month for free!!!
4. Previous Travel Website Income Reports:
If you enjoy our Income Report blog series, please click on this link here to read our previous reports! We made money from the very first month of being open! Never let anyone tell you that you need to wait a few years before you can monetize your blog! Start following our steps and do it now!! Because what are you waiting for??
NEVER MISS AN INCOME REPORT!
Add your Email Now!
Do you earn money from your blog? What are your main income sources?
I’m curious to know which company you use for your advertising on your blog – drop me a comment below!
Disclaimer, this article contains affiliate links. We will be grateful if you choose to support us by using our well researched links! Thanks, you rock!